Simulation and Lab Assistant for the School of Nursing
The Simulation and Lab Assistant for the School of Nursing is a part-time position that provides assistance in the labs under the guidance of the Professional Practice Coordinator.
Education and Work Experience
The Simulation and Lab Assistant must have related work experience, such as clinical nursing practice. A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in nursing and an unencumbered registered nurse license in the state of Tennessee is required.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Present a professional demeanor, flexible approach and positive attitude.
- Effectively communicate with students, faculty, and clinical site employees both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to accomplish tasks, to prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision in accordance with established procedures.
- Respond positively to feedback, guidance, and suggestions for improvement.
- Seek to continually improve labs and teaching-learning experiences for students.
- Demonstrate excitement and willingness to learn about simulation equipment and scenarios.
- Willingness to work outside regular business hours as needed.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in computer and other technology use.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with organization of inventory records.
- Set up and break down labs for upcoming week.
- Input and maintain accurate records, and ensure reliable and complete information.
- Assist faculty with simulation and other lab scenarios.
- Attend School of Nursing events as requested.
- Demonstrate competency of nursing skills required of a registered nurse.
- Effectively provide guidance in working with nursing students learning to competently perform nursing skills.
- Participate as an active, engaged, and effective member of the School of Nursing Simulation and Lab team.
- Effectively work with specialized software, telehealth equipment, medical equipment, mannequins, and other related simulation and lab equipment.
- Assist with School of Nursing simulation/lab events as requested.
- Work collaboratively with School of Nursing Professional Practice Coordinator, Simulation Operations Technician, and faculty to evaluate simulation and lab experiences.