Federal Funds Accountant
The Federal Funds Accountant is responsible for managing and accounting for the transfer of federal funds to the university. In addition this position is responsible for managing the universities fixed asset system. This is a full-time position.
Education and Work Experience
The Federal Funds Accountant should have 5-7 years of accounting experience and a Bachelor’s degree is preferred. A high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, MS Word) is required. Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software is recommended.
The specific job functions of this position may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Determine cash needs and transfer funds between G5 and the University.
· Prepare standard and adjusting journal entries as required
· Work with payroll to provide funding for federal work study program
· Update FWS utilization summary following each pay period
· Monthly reconciliation/analysis of Federal funds
· Monthly bank reconciliations of the federal funds bank accounts
· Monthly transmittal of Perkin Loans advances to collection agency
· Prepare yearly FISAP report
· Semi-annually calculate federal administrative allowance
· Enter fixed asset purchases into the fixed asset data base
· Reconcile the fixed asset data base with the GL and prepare appropriate JE’s
- Must have accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- Must be highly analytical, well-organized and possess strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor, a flexible approach, and a positive attitude.
- Requires a person with good customer service skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate both an independent nature and capable of working well in a team environment.
- Proven ability to work and learn quickly and independently without much direct supervision in a fast pace environment.
- Demonstrate an ethical, moral and professional behavior in the office environment.
- Requires maturity and ability to respect confidential information.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle emergency situations.