Information Systems Analyst I
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in eliciting and documenting user requirements for new systems and system enhancements.
- Documents functional and technical requirements following established procedures.
- Completes change management documentation and coordinates approvals under the guidance of a higher level information systems analyst.
- Participates in user interviews, performs workflow analysis, and assists in defining project scope and objectives.
- Assists in the research of commercial software to identify products that might meet departmental requirements; helps analyze and document products' ability to meet user, functional, and technical requirements.
- Under guidance, evaluates impact of solution alternatives, performs cost/benefit analysis, analyzes constraints, and assesses risk to support go/no go and build/buy decision-making.
- Assist in the development of systems design documents, such as feasibility studies, for new applications and/or enhancements.
- Assists in the preparation of detailed specifications, addressing scope and boundaries of the system, data requirements, algorithms, user functions, forms and reports, workflow, interfaces, security, audit trails, and business continuity requirements.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of project plans; assists in coordinating project reporting.
- Assists in the development of test scenarios; under guidance, prepares user acceptance test documentation and collaborates with system users to conduct user acceptance testing.
- Assists in the maintenance and support of existing applications in accordance with systems development methodology.
- Assists in the preparation of technical systems documentation, user manuals and on-line help.
- Assists in the monitoring of systems compliance with established IT policies, procedures, guidelines, plans and standards.
- Assists in the analysis and resolution of application problems.
- Installs software in support of business applications as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of hardware and software specifications for procurement as needed.
- Assists in the monitoring of contractor performance as needed.
OPTION I: Graduation from an accredited* college or university with a bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely related field.
OPTION II: One (1) year of experience in information systems analysis and design within the past three (3) years in a centralized** information technology organization.
2 - LIGHT: Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.