INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST II
May 19, 2017 at 8:00 a.m. (PST) - May 26, 2017 by 5:00 p.m. (PST)
Open Competitive Job Opportunity
Incumbents in this journey level class perform a wide variety of information technology support duties, following established procedures, including hardware and software installation and repair. Incumbents possess the ability to analyze user problems related to desktop, network and applications and apply a full range of corrective actions. Incumbents are generally based in a centralized location or may be required to assist end users at field sites. Incumbents possess a thorough knowledge of desktop computers and related equipment, basic knowledge of network technologies and multiple client platforms, and strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with customers/users.
Incumbents typically are responsible for installing, servicing and moving computers, printers, servers, networking devices, storage devices and related equipment.
Essential Job Functions
- Installs, configures, maintains and tests computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- Acts as a technical resource to end users and other information technology staff and troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves moderately complex hardware, software and network connectivity problems, including problems not covered by established procedures.
- Identifies trends in the reported problem calls and implements improvements.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding user support needs or improving customer satisfaction.
- Reviews, tests and finalizes user instructions and procedures; conducts formal and informal end user training and may develop technical orientation and training materials as necessary.
- Leads small hardware and software installation and upgrade projects and participates in large and/or complex projects with general direction.
- Assists in defining and recommending appropriate hardware and software configurations and standards to meet customer needs, and develops specifications to purchase new hardware, software and other peripheral devices based upon established departmental standards.
- Configures software distribution tools.
- Assists in the ordering of licenses for software packages, in consultation with appropriate management or other information technology staff as needed.
- Coordinates equipment delivery, software licensing compliance and inventory/asset control as needed.
- Acts in a lead capacity to other technical staff as needed.
OPTION II: Two (2) years of experience installing, configuring, testing, troubleshooting and repairing client computing devices or software, in a centralized Information Technology** organization.
3 - Moderate: Include standing or walking most of the time, with bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching; includes working on irregular surfaces, occasionally lifting objects weighting over 25 pounds, and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS INFORMATION:
*Information Technology Technical Support Analyst I in the Los Angeles County is defined as: Under close supervision, using established procedures, provides a full range of technical support services in information technology including installation, configuration, testing, troubleshooting and repair of hardware, software, networking and applications in a centralized IT organization ** .
**Centralized IT organization is defined in the County of Los Angeles as that which is responsible, under the direction or guidance of the Chief Information Technology official (or, at Sheriff Department, the coordinated executive command structure) for the department or major organizational unit, for providing comprehensive IT services including analysis, design, acquisition, and/or development, implementation, maintenance, or support of information systems; and in which the work performed is in direct relationship to the IT requirements and initiatives of the department or major organizational unit.
This examination will consists of two parts:
- Technical Help Desk (Microsoft) covering the following competencies: Hardware, Help Desk Operations, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, Networking and Connectivity, Operating Systems, PC Peripherals, Software and System Security and Maintenance
- Contact Center – Technical Support Agent covering the following competencies: Navigation, Service Orientation, Tactful Problem Solving, Data Entry Speed, Data Entry Accuracy, Professional Potential and Achievement Orientation
Only those candidates who achieve a passing score of 70% or higher in Part I, and a passing score of 70% in Part II will be placed on the eligible register.
TRANSFER OF SCORES:
THE TESTS ARE NOT REVIEWABLE BY CANDIDATES PER CIVIL SERVICE RULE 7.19.
For more information please contact us.