Associate Director for Employer Relations
Seeking a qualified career services practitioner to develop and manage all employer relations initiatives for the University, to include both targeted employer outreach and ongoing employer relationship management. Facilitate employer recruitment activities through the delivery of year-round employer programs and services which provide student access to jobs and internships.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Develop annual employer relations plans and related initiatives. Provide administrative oversight for client relations management (CRM) system used for employer relations. Monitor legal issues and establish related policies.
· Supervise an Assistant Director for Employer Relations (who supervises Employer Relationship Managers) in the delivery of employer outreach and relationship management and related programmatic initiatives. Establish and maintain Employer Advisory Board and Employer Partnership Program.
· Supervise and oversee staff in the coordination of in-person and virtual Career Center-wide job fairs and special events. Review and authorize all contracts with vendors.
· Supervise and oversee staff in the coordination of on-campus recruiting services such as on-campus interviews, employer information sessions, employer information tables, and employer account and job postings management in the online career management system.
· Direct employer relations-related marketing activities to promote services to employers.
This position reports to the Senior Associate Director of the Career Center and serves as a member of the Career Center’s Leadership Team. The Career Center reports to the Department of Enrollment Management within the Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support.
Master’s degree in related field and 2 years related program experience, or bachelor’s degree and 4 years related experience. Prior experience in employer or constituent relations, account management, human resources, sales/marketing, public relations, event planning, and/or public speaking is beneficial. Prior background in higher education and/or university career services is strongly desired. Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate abilities in planning, resource allocation, critical thinking, problem solving, negotiation, facilitation, and coordination.