Internship Program Advisor
Under the supervision of the Director of Career Services, the Internship Program Advisor works closely with other career staff on a cross-functional team. The Internship Program Advisor is responsible for implementing on and off campus internship and career planning programs and services as well as offering 1:1 and group advising to increase student engagement in the career planning process with particular emphasis on internships.
The advisor will also assist in organizing on-campus recruiting, career fairs, job shadow programs, and other events for employers and students to connect. The advisor will also provide 1:1 career coaching and workshops to students seeking experiential learning, internship and post-graduate opportunities.
- Aggressively promote the internship experience to students, beginning in their first year, through increased marketing efforts and education outreach.
- Serve on the Internship Advisory Committee to create and revise policies, procedures, and practices related to internships.
- Advise students and faculty on the internship process, and serve as a guide and intermediary throughout the experience and manage all administrative aspects of the academic learning agreement process.
- Processes employer and job registration requests through our career services module, and markets internships and jobs through other means such as tabling, e-newsletters, and an internship and job board.
- Coordinates on-campus and off-campus recruitment programs and interviews including the Annual Internship and Career Fair, and consortium supported recruiting events.
- Contributes to the Career Services Administrative Reports and College Assessment through collecting proper metrics and reporting activities and outcomes of employer relations efforts.
- Conducts workshops on internship search, resume writing, job search research methods, preparing for job interviews, and other topics.
- Advises students on internship acquisition and other career preparation topics.
- Under the guidance of the Career Services Director, partners with College Advancement to cultivate internship and job opportunities with Hartwick alumni in a manner that also advances the colleges goals. Tactics include leading off campus mentoring programs.
- Collaborate with staff in Global Education to research and develop international internship opportunities and support international learning agreements.
- Meets the Liberal Arts Career NetWORK (LACN) membership requirements for internship and job referrals to LACN database and manages the Spotlight on Careers page assigned to the College by LACN.
- Participate in major campus events, including Commencement Weekend.
- Performs other general administrative duties as assigned by the Director, including reports and other correspondence.
- Candidate must be willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Minimum requirements for this position include a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with 3 years of experience in a similar position/related field, including experience in sales or recruiting, either in a business setting or in education.
- Master's Degree plus one year of related experience preferred.
- The successful candidate must possess high energy, excellent communication and organization skills; be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and have the ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff, employers, parents, and administrators.
- Position requires experience creating and presenting workshops and other programs; marketing including print, online, and social media development.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer knowledge and experience using Window-based software; Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience using databases and publishing programs; and experience using online networking sites such as LinkedIn.
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently, and ability to work as a member to a cross-functional team.