BCBST Health Foundation Diversity Scholarship
2017 Diversity Scholarship
The BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Health Foundation Diversity Scholarship is issued to three promising, Tennessee minority students who wish to pursue careers in the field of health care. This award is administered by the Memphis Chapter of the National Association of Health Services Executives (NAHSE).
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee’s mission is to provide peace of mind through better health. Founded in 1945, the Chattanooga-based company is focused on serving more than 3.4 million members in Tennessee and across the country. BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Inc. is an independent licensee of the BlueCross BlueShield Association. For more information, visit the company's website at bcbst.com.
NAHSE's purpose is to ensure greater participation of minority groups in the health field. Its basic objective is to develop and maintain a strong viable national body to more effectively have input in the national health care delivery system. It has provided a vehicle for Blacks to effectively participate in the design, direction and delivery of quality health care to all people.
Award Details and Application Guidelines
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Health Foundation Diversity Scholarship Award: $10,000 (awarded in two payments of $5,000 each over the course of two consecutive semesters)
All applicants must currently be undergraduate students. Awardees will be selected by the NAHSE Memphis Chapter, who meet the following criteria:
- A promising minority student with the intent to obtain a degree to pursue a career in the field of healthcare
- Student must be a college Sophomore or Junior by the application deadline (March 1, 2017).
- 2.5 minimum academic GPA (4.0 scale)
- Applicant must be 18 to 23 years old (by application deadline)
- Citizen of the United States
- Resident of Tennessee AND attends an accredited college/university within the state of TN
- Applicant must be enrolled during the current academic school year, and planning to enroll the 2017-2018 academic year as a full-time student