F0096 Assistant or Associate Professor - Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics seeks applications for a 9-month tenure-track Mathematics position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor to begin August, 2017. The Mathematics Department assists students of all majors in mastering the quantitative skills necessary for success in their various disciplines. The Department prepares students majoring in mathematical sciences from both a theoretical and an applied viewpoint, providing simultaneous preparation for those who wish to pursue graduate study.
1. Teach mathematics courses at all levels.
2. Advise students.
3. Develop curricula.
4. Establish and maintain a relationship with industry.
5. Serve on committees at the department, school, and university levels.
6. Perform appropriate scholarly and service activities.
*Review of applications and material will begin immediately and continue thereafter until a final candidate is selected.
The university is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. The university encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
1. Must possess a Doctorate in Mathematics.
2. Demonstrated commitment to academic excellence.
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate to a diverse student body audience, verbally and in writing, with emphasis applied to a commitment to diversity.
4. Ability to engage in scholarly activity.
5. Demonstrated ability to serve on department school and university committees.
6. Demonstrated ability to advise, mentor and tutor students.
7. Provide scholarly achievement, evidence of research and grantsmanship.
Candidates may show interest by submitting via online, the following:
1. A letter of interest/ teaching philosophy (via cover letter)