Graduate Counseling Secretary for Behavioral and Social Sciences Department
**This is a temporary, part-time position**
The Graduate Counseling Secretary is responsible for assisting the program director and faculty with admissions and daily program operations. The Graduate Counseling Secretary will have full knowledge of and abide by the terms detailed in this job description and all written or verbal policies, procedures and instructions established by administration in the Lee University Staff Handbook.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent office/business administration experience preferred. Prerequisites for the Job:
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure, coordinate a wide variety of tasks, set and meet deadlines, and attend to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well and communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds, interest, and positions.
- Excellent word processing and database management skills (Prefer at least intermediate experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, web page editors, electronic mail and Internet functions/services). Experience with Lee’s data system (Datatel) is helpful.
- Must be flexible, reliable, self-motivated and able to work well independently and as a member of a team.
- Previous administrative and customer service experience, preferably in a college/university setting.
- Customer service oriented and committed to serving people
- Able to maintain confidential files and information with utmost integrity and trustworthiness
- Able to demonstrate and maintain integrity in professional and personal relationships
- Mature, committed Christian with an understanding of and commitment to the mission of Lee University
- A positive and flexible attitude
- Effective communications and appropriate relationships with co-workers
- Able to handle interruptions calmly and professionally
- Ability to respond positively to constructive criticism, guidance and suggestions for improvement regarding performance
- Greet visitors; provide accurate and appropriate information.
- Screen calls and visitors, when necessary.
- Sort and route mail.
- Coordinate communication from/to Director
- Record minutes of designated meetings and maintain accurate files relating to task assignments and decision points.
- Prepare correspondence for Director’s signature.
- Maintain files.
- Maintain up-to-date faculty/staff roster
- Schedule appointments, as required
- Maintain and update Director’s calendar
- Assist with the planning and coordination of graduate activities/events as assigned
- Communicate events and deadlines to graduate students
- Process routine purchases for Director’s Office
- Maintain accurate records of charges/expenses related to graduate/departmental budget
- Process invoices, check requests, etc.
- Maintain files and filing system including graduate student files and information for full-time, part-time, and adjunct faculty
- Maintain office supplies, admissions and recruitment materials inventory
- Provide travel-planning assistance as requested
- Ensure timely submission of travel requests and expense reports
- Input and keep accurate records, compose timely reports and ensure reliability and completeness of information
- Ability to accomplish complex tasks, prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Schedule, administer and type graduate faculty student course evaluations
- Help coordinate and enter graduate schedule of classes
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of admissions/enrollment services
- Serves as primary contact for applicants and current students
- Review all applicant files to be submitted to committee, score interviews, writing samples, etc. in preparation for committee review
- Assist accepted students through registration process as needed
- Monitor status of all provisional and conditional accepts (tracking and follow-up)
- Coordination of financial aid/scholarships/assistantships
- Assists in development and implementation of school orientation program each semester
- Assists in development and implementation of communication plan for applicants
- Responsible for tracking and follow-up of all applicants to point of enrollment
- Responsible for inventory of all admissions materials
- Responsible for data entry of all application materials
- Assist with graduate recruitment/admissions events/activities as assigned
- Assist with inquiry data entry, packet mailings, correspondence and tracking
- Assist in monitoring and updating graduate websites
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Work as part of the BSS office team
- Assist the department secretary with office coverage, class coordination, and special projects/ events
- Prompt management of tasks given by program director
- Willingness to respond to faculty needs in a timely and professional manner