Presales Enterprise Architect
Job Description: Responsible for providing business and/or technical leadership for assigned account(s) by championing entire portfolio of solutions and products through technical thought leadership with demonstrated business value. Engages proactively with the customer, account team or partner on long-term basis across their entire enterprise systems architecture to create/discover opportunities and to drive an on-going stream of deals and opportunities. Technical account manager for our most valued accounts or partners. Responsibilities
- Leads the team to develop high level, unique, and imaginative technical approaches to business challenges translating the business view (faster time to market) into a functional view; presents alternative technological solutions; and determines appropriate sequencing of business transformation to reach an optimum overall solution for the customer.
- Leverages a solid understanding of the customer's challenges, industry and long-term business objectives to identify opportunities to develop a competitive advantage with the overall solutions.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the partner ecosystem to develop innovative solutions to support and enhance the end-to-end presales process.
- Leads the technical team in executive-level workshops or vision setting meetings to present strengths, weaknesses, and the benefits of the proposed solution with respect to the customer's key performance indicators and financial metrics.
- Works with the delivery team to provide complex solutions globally, while ensuring a successful implementation with respect to sensitive local considerations. Responsible for tracking the deployment and outcome to quantify the benefits of the resulting solution.
- Applies broad understanding of technological advancements and solution roadmaps to work closely with account team leadership to optimize strategic account planning.
- Recognized as an expert within the industry in that country, by demonstrating influence and leveraging social media; actively participating at external conferences, industry and/or technical events; sought out as an SME in their area of focus by industry organizations or standards committees.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or from technical university.
- Master's or advanced degree in technology preferred.
- 12+ years of experience in technology industry with focus on technical consulting and solution selling.
Knowledge and Skills
- Mastery in executive written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate in English and local languages.
- Demonstrates expert sales skills, including presenting, white boarding, objection handling, and closing skills.
- Deep financial and business acumen, including typical KPI's and measurement of key executives, particularly CxO; knowledgeable about TCO/ROI concepts and calculations, understand how customers generate revenue.
- Solid understanding of the customer's commercial strategy, concepts, terminology, broad technical and business drivers, long-term business objectives and how the customer is differentiating themselves within the industry.
- Excellent Project/Program management skills or experience with expert analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of company's preferred go to market strategy, global context, coverage options relative to partners and has expert knowledge of partner's and non-standard partner's offerings, and how/when to leverage them for deals within area of specialization.
- Expert knowledge of the customer industry, trends, emerging technologies, methodologies, competitors and company's strategy and solutions which apply to a particular industry trend or vertical market.
- Advanced interpersonal skills including team leadership, teaching, facilitating, and mentoring.
- Must have at least two Industry standard Architecture certification (either knowledge-based or experienced-based).
- Strong strategic planning and account planning skills and expert at using business and technical tools, and standard customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Understands the fit between company mergers and acquisitions and the company portfolio.