Secretary to the Registrar/Registration Specialist
This secretary/registration specialist reports to the Registrar. The following is a list of qualifications, job requirements and job functions, however, this is not an exhaustive list and may be altered when necessary.
Required Technical Skills
· Computer literacy with strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Adobe, and the ability to learn new computer applications.
· Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff, and external constituents.
· Capacity to be a team player and maintain appropriate relationships with co-workers.
· Ability to tend to details in every aspect of the job using strong organizational skills.
· Ability to input and keep accurate data and records ensuring the reliability and completeness of information.
· Ability to prioritize duties and meet deadlines under pressure.
· Have a common grasp of English grammar and an ability to create clear and professional documents and reports.
· Ability to carry out instructions given by the Registrar.
· Strong customer service, both for external and internal customers to the Records Office.
Required Personal Skills
· Capable of maintaining confidentiality of university records.
· Ability to exercise judgment by making rational and appropriate decisions.
· Ability to act with integrity and honesty at all times.
· Ability to treat all coworkers and students with respect.
· Willingness to promote a Christ-like atmosphere in ethical, moral, and professional behavior in the office environment.
· Offer a friendly demeanor with an attitude of service to others.
· Interested in self-improvement and willingness to learn new skills.
· Ability to accept and respond to constructive criticism, guidance, and suggestions.
Bachelor's degree preferred
2-5 years of experience in an office setting
· Personal assistant to the Registrar
· Assist the Registrar with projects, as requested
· Attend and document meetings as requested by Registrar
· Attend trainings with the Registrar, as needed
· Operate as contact person in Records as it relates to workload assignments to be discussed with Registrar
· Preparing documents; filing electronically and in paper
· Disseminate information across campus as needed, in the form of emails, memos, letters, and communications management (electronic emails sent from SIS Colleague)
General Office Tasks
· Answer phones
· Assist students and faculty in problem-solving
· Oversee equipment maintenance (e.g., copier, postage machine, fax machine)
· Order postage
· Purchase office supplies
· Maintain soft drink supply and replenish
· In absence of student workers, open and distribute mail twice daily
· Along with the Registrar, assist in coordinating campus registration activities such as fall and spring campus registrations, summer Early Class Selection, Summer Honors Early Class Selection, and New Student Orientation
· Coordinate office events, such as student worker appreciation, meal meetings, birthdays, Christmas party, special events
· Make student schedule changes as needed (adds/drops/withdrawals)
· Assist students with online registration in Student Planning
· Registration planning for fall and spring campus registration setups (including planning food, contacting and training registration staff, computer/equipment layouts, physical plant layouts, hanging signage)
· Registration setups (including signs, charts, 2 sets of layouts - Visio layouts of university buildings for event setup for each room, etc.)
· Registrations of students @ international schools
· Assist Records staff during peak times with keying transfer work, schedule revisions, block registration , service learning credits, Encore, Dual regulations, etc. as needed
· Process Encore and dual-enrolled registrations
· Miscellaneous academic records and registration activity in our SIS, Colleague
· Inventory signs and easels at registration tear-downs
· Research and update academic records as needed
· Oversee quality control of scanning; check all scanned documents daily
· Enter grades and process grade changes, as needed
· Change addresses of current students
· Miscellaneous academic records activity in our SIS/Colleague, scanned vault, and physical vault.
· Process purchase orders and requisitions
· Maintain petty cash
· Maintain department financial records
· Inventory materials and office supplies
· Maintain student worker budget