Internship and Career Advisor
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Internships and Career Advising, the Internship and Career Advisor will support students pursuing internships and employment through individual consultation, presentations, development of internship opportunities and the administration of the internship program. They will maintain important links to academic departments, and to current and potential internship employers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees the administration of internship programs for assigned majors.
- Maintains relationships with faculty internship liaisons
- Develops programming to increase students' awareness of and successful participation in internships
- Researches and conducts site visits to current and potential internship sites to evaluate legitimacy and fit
- Improves student access to internship opportunities
- Collects and maintains internship participation data and provides reports for stakeholders
- Collaborates with other Career Center staff to cultivate new internship leads
- Coordinates "re-entry" process, connecting internships back to career and portfolio development
- Develops other experiential programs appropriate to assigned majors
- Contributes to development of internship policies and procedures
- Provides career advising to students seeking internship opportunities
- Supports students individually and in groups, with a focus on juniors' and seniors' career development needs
- Provides feedback on resumes, cover letters, portfolios and search strategy
- Develops programming to support students' internship and job search needs
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's Degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of experience with career and/or internship advising.
- Knowledge of career and portfolio development principles.
- Experience with career coaching or advising.
- Ability to relate to students from diverse backgrounds
- Skilled in relationship management.
- Strong presentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop knowledge of assigned disciplines; prior industry experience preferred; experience in Cinema and/or Performing Arts preferred.
- Understanding of internship program's best practices.
- Proficiency with social media and use of technology in delivery of student services.
- Ability to interact effectively with all constituencies of the College Fluency with internship program best practices.
We offer a rewarding work environment for our faculty and staff. We take pride in offering competitive benefits with affordable health, dental and vision coverage; flexible spending accounts; commuter benefit program, life and accidental, death & dismemberment coverage; paid and unpaid leave options; work/life benefits; educational assistance programs; and retirement and financial planning benefits.
We invite you to join our talented faculty and staff and become part of our collective aspiration to ensure the school prepares students for success in their creative fields through innovation, engagement and real-world experiences.