Student Success Coach
STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER
Student Success Coaches will manage a caseload of approximately 60 at-risk students who need enhanced, holistic support to persist to graduation. Coaches will provide guidance in non-cognitive skill development, academic planning, learning support needs and resources, and social engagement. They will contact and meet with students frequently and maintain records on each of their assigned students. Coaches will report directly to the Coordinator for Coaching and Mentoring.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree required (Master's degree preferred);
Background in specific content areas (math, languages, science, etc.) along with education, psychology, or counseling knowledge and skills;
Strong written and verbal communication, including active listening skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend all Student Success Coach training sessions;
- Collaborate with faculty for student intervention and advocacy;
- Devise success strategies and implementation plans with students based on needs, strengths, and goals;
- Provide accountability for students with course scheduling, time management, and long-range planning;
- Provide support, services, and referrals to appropriate university offices;
- Assist the Coordinator of Coaching and Mentoring in monitoring progress;
- Maintain regularly scheduled one-on-one coaching and input data into student success software;
- Provide walk-in services, short-term interventions, and digital guidance as needed;
- Contact current and prospective students by phone prior to the start of fall semester;
- Work on additional tasks as assigned by the Coordinator for Coaching and Mentoring and/or Director of Student Success and Retention.