F0104 - Assistant/Associate Professor - Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics seeks applications for a 9-month tenure-track Mathematics position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor to begin August 2017. The Mathematics Department assists students of all majors in mastering the quantitative skills necessary for success in their various disciplines. The Department prepares students majoring in mathematical sciences from both a theoretical and an applied viewpoint, providing simultaneous preparation for those who wish to pursue graduate study.
The successful candidate will:
1. Teach mathematics courses at all levels.
2. Advise students.
3. Develop curricula.
4. Establish and maintain a relationship with industry.
5. Serve on departmental, school, and university committees.
6. Perform appropriate scholarly and service activities.
*Review of applications and material will begin immediately and continue thereafter until final candidate is selected.
NSU is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. NSU encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
1. Possess a Doctorate in Mathematics.
2. Considerable experience teaching mathematics courses at all levels.
3. Considerable experience developing curriculum and advising a diverse student population.
4. Ability to establish and maintain relationships with industry.
5. Demonstrate excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
6. Demonstrated commitment to academic excellence, record of scholarly and service activities and research/grantsmanship.
7. Demonstrated ability to serve on department, school and university committees.
1. As delineated above.