Coordinator, Experiential Learning & Internships
The Career Center within the division of Student Affairs is seeking a Coordinator, Experiential Learning & Internships.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
- Working with students to identify and secure experiential learning opportunities that align academic and career goals with related on-campus and off-campus internship and co-op opportunities.
- Engaging with the Career Education and Counseling team on programs and applications that help better prepare students for their Careers, including ways to demonstrate the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) core competencies.
- Developing, delivering, and facilitating experiential learning workshops and programs for students, faculty and staff.
- Providing comprehensive student and alumni services such as building resumes, resume critiques, internship search, job search, career exploration, and interview preparation.
- Assisting students and tracking all job shadowing and Internship course registrations, including programs for the FAU Career Center and the colleges.
- Managing and tracking all student assignments and employer evaluations pertaining to all Co-op and Internship Courses.
- Connecting with faculty Internship/Co-op course instructors.
- Conducting evaluations of student learning outcomes on a semester by semester basis and reports to the Career Center Leadership.
- Grading the Professional Internship Course – mid-terms and finals.
- Coaching students through the post experiential education experience reflective process and helps to assess next steps.
- Supporting a robust on-campus internship program, including identifying and advocating for internship positions campus-wide.
- Proactively researching and identifying potential employers for job shadowing programs, off-campus internships, part-time employment and Co-operative Education positions and promoting FAU internships to these targeted organizations.
- Supporting employers by helping to educate on best practices regarding establishing and operating Internship/Co-operative Education programs.
- Liaisons with the Employer Relations Team to facilitate functions associated with On Campus Interview events from scheduling, creating job postings, hosting interviews, and coordinating with FAU colleges.
- Supporting the FAU Career Center College Liaisons in developing, tracking, and executing internship programs.
- Collecting and reporting internship engagement and employment data.
- Supporting Career Events and delivering FAU Career Center programs within the greater FAU community.
- Attending Career Center events, initiatives and special programs.
- Working with marketing and communications to develop materials that promote internships and FAU Career Center services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience required.
Valid driver's license required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.